Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quick Follow Up To Blissdom Post!

There is so much more to say about Blissdom but most of it will have to wait until after I get home from Disney World. (see my upcoming post for that story!)  I read my last post again and realized it sounds like we sat in a circle and did each others' hair and nails, and sang Kumbaya.  No friends, that was not the case.  Yes, everyone that I encountered was friendly and kind, but we didn't have any drum circles going.  There were groups of women who had forged close connections through their online relationships, and they were eager to spend face to face time with those friends.  My point is that even though there were groups, they made room for others.  They tolerated interruptions for introductions with grace, and answered questions and engaged, even though they were excited about the time they had with friends.  From the most experienced to the least, everyone was encouraging and there was a solidarity about this strange online world we find ourselves in.  My point is that even though you have a group that you are so excited to be with, taking the time for a stranger (or a newbie) can make all the difference in the world!  The women at Blissdom did this well, and I want to thank Alli Worthington, Barbara Jones, and Paula Bruno for setting such a great tone for the conference.

No comments: