Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Funday

Ok, sort of funday.  I have been under the weather for a while now.  It seems like I just get rid of one thing when another one pounces.  I am finally starting to feel better, and it's spring, which makes me want to tackle a whole bunch of projects.  We have had a much longer run of cold weather here than usual.  The forsythia bushes in my yard have just started blooming and I think it's the latest they have ever bloomed.  I was seriously thinking I had seasonal affective disorder because I hadn't seen the sun in so long.  Now that the sun has come out I feel energized.  We were able to be outside today and walk and ride bikes.  I could have stayed outside all day because it's nicer outside than inside. 
All of this leads me to organization.  I blogged a long time ago about wanting to get my house in better order.  Has it happened? Nope.  It would be very easy to give up right now.  I could pretend I never wrote the first blog entry because it is waaayyy down the page.  It does feel like I am in a battle I just can't win.  BUT!  I am not going to let this defeat me.  I have to be able to do this, if not for myself then for my family.  I don't want my kids to grow up thinking the amount of clutter in our home is okay.  It isn't dangerously dirty, no one would be calling Child Services.  It's hygienic but cluttered.  This week I am going to try to do 30 minutes every day.  Hopefully I will do more, but at least 30 minutes.  I'll post again about this on Friday and let you know.  If you have any great ideas or suggestions about organizing please leave them in the comments!!

1 comment:

Marci @OvercomingBusy said...

I feel your pain in trying to stay organized and keep the house clean and orderly with kids running around. Been there, done that. I have some great resources on my blog you might want to check out. Also, when I started the journey to keeping a decent, organized house, I started with baby steps. 15-30 minutes at a time. Getting those small projects completed with make you feel great and before you know it, you've got a big area covered! Good luck!